Subscribe to my feed...

Wednesday 26 July 2006

Molly's Bob Swipe Singing Poll...



Bob & Molly: the new Peters & Lee??? (That's Molly on the left, btw....)


As regular readers (and listeners) will be aware, Molly Bloom has for some time now been co-ordinating a crafty campaign aimed at inflicting the "dulcet tones" of your humble scribe upon the nation's poor, young, innocent and vulnerable. It seems that the succession of caterwauling monstrosities that pass for singers nowadays have pulverised our previously astute notions of what constituted "a nice singing voice" into a non-discriminating mush of yeah-whateverness that allows even the pained contortions of Frank Ferdinand, Robbie Williams, Celine Dion, Ian Brown, Frank Ifield et al to pass by as innocuously on the ear as honey down a sick child's throat. I just hadn't realised that the decline in standards had been quite so steep as to allow for the possibility of a resurrection of my own singing career. Either that, or the girl's tone deaf. Still, if Morrissey can get away with it...

Regardless, Molly has taken it upon herself* to orchestrate a poll, the desired end of which is to select a song upon which my voice can work its magic - much in the same way that a tsunami works its magic on a holiday resort. Obviously, I can't be seen to condone this - I have enough trouble as it is with the Child Support People and the illiterate neighbours (How many times do I have to say this - it's PaedoPHILE!). But I do have a brand new podcast to plug and, as the Mollster cannily points out, I do get more traffic than she does**, some of which it would be an honour to pass on to her excellent and highly imaginative... (....alright, don't overdo it - we're meant to be pushing the Bobcasts here - PR ed.) So, as Mollster is an avid (bordering, it must be said on the criminally obsessesive) reader of (and listener to) the Show who looks not unlike Penelope Wilton in her prime and who has, furthermore, promised to re-enact one of those famous "evidently both gagging for it" scenes from Ever-decreasing Circles with me in the Peter Egan role (Penelope plays a sex-starved nurse with a penchant for oven gloves, laytex and plinths in the script I'm currently drafting..), well a man is but flesh and blood (...mostly blood, when the liver's playing up, if truth be told...)......I thought.....whatever...

So, in true copycat Scary Duck fashion, "Vote-u-do....



* With perhaps a soupcon of gentle coercion on the part of your humble balladeer...
** Size isn't everything Molly, as I'm continually reassuring myself...

Bobcasts now available at iTunes!!

click here to hear our regular Bobcasts!!

Subscribe to The Robert Swipe Show




© 2006 Swipe Enterprises

No comments:

Post a Comment