Subscribe to my feed...

Tuesday 12 January 2010

Let it Snow...

Blimey - what peculiar weather we've been having!! Barmy, isn't it? I can't remember being surrounded by snow like this since I was the Thin White Duke - I had half of Columbia down my cod piece for most of 1975, you'll recall. Terrible times - although I don't think I've ever had so much luck with the ladies as I did during that period. Probably the cod-piece. It certainly couldn't have been the vials of urine I used to keep in the fridge to ward off evil spirits. Worked too - Jim Rosenthal has long stopped stalking me in any case. Too busy doing the half times on ITV4, no doubt. I still wear a clove of garlic round my neck to this day, just to be on the safe side. Bloody reeks from Gether to Malkuth, it does. But I digress...

Where was I? Oh yes - the snow. Flaming parky, ain't it? And getting from A-B has been an absolute ruddy nightmare, hasn't it? I can't remember the last time I wore flats - probably those little character shoes I used during the Philly Dogs Tour, also back in the mid-seventies (well, what would you wear if you had a cod-piece with Half of Columbia sagging from your crotch? Wear stack heels with that little lot and you're asking for a one-way ticket to a hernia, Gungadin.) Oh and there were those smart little brogues I used to wear with a lime green Thierry Mughler and an alpine hat on the Serious Misgivings tour. Poor old Stevie Ray - if his agent hadn't been such a greedy boots he'd never have been able to afford that helicopter and still be a live today. Cracking soloist he was - and a dab hand at three card brag, if memory serves. Lost several small Caribbean islands to him on the tour bus so I had to kick him out and get Earl Slick back in; great guitarist Earl, but shit for brains in a card school.

So, what with having been snowed in and everything, it's been pretty quiet here at Swipe Towers; but hopefully that'll soon change once my lumbago clears up and I can get back in the attic to fetch the trusty ukulele down. First things first though; got to catch up on Nurse Jackie on the i-Player. Terrific production values, don't you agree? And that new barnet of Edie Falco's is to die for, ain't it? Which reminds me; I must give Keith a call; see if he can defrost me marcel wave - it's been like walking around with a ruddy cormorant on me bonce since Christmas.

Oh well, onwards and upwards...

L.U.V. on ya,

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment