Subscribe to my feed...

Monday 3 April 2006

My Favourite Vestibule...

This week.....



.......TV presenter and environmentalist Philippa Forester tells us why she never tires of the hallway of her South West London home....

"It's just got everything, really. It's the perfect entry to a home if you ask me and I just can't get over the way it sort of funnels you into the house. It leads neatly to the kitchen and the staircase leading to the upstairs bedrooms, but you can also take a sharp right into the living room as well, so it's kind of the main artery of the house if you like. There's a set of hooks by the door for hanging coats on and a sort of fender type thing that we put our muddy shoes on so they don't get mud all over the nice rug I put down over the stripped wooden floorboards, but otherwise I've kept the decor very simple, as you can see. You could always put some pictures or a dado rail up, I suppose, but for me it's always a case of 'less is more'. I particularly like to keep the wall surfaces free of all possible clutter, myself. It's the modern way after all and it makes it so much easier for me to rub my back up and down the walls when I'm wearing my Girl on a Motorcycle look trying to get the hubby to tear himself away from his 200,000 piece jigsaw of the forbidden city at night. Men and their bloody jigsaws, eh?"


Love on y'all,


Bob




© 2006 Swipe Enterprises

No comments:

Post a Comment