Subscribe to my feed...

Tuesday 11 July 2006

Around the World in Eighty Blogs...

Ro-Mo, Billy and Patroclus have all blogged on the concept that rather than the wonderful, globe spanning tool for progressive human integration we all like to think it is, the blogosphere is little more than a talking shop for the erudite Northern hemisphere middle classes fortunate enough to be employed by people who don't seem to mind if you don't actually do anything all day. It's an interesting hypothesis and, since I seem to be the only one on here who takes the scientific appraisal of these things remotely seriously (although it does help if you actually are employed by people who don't seem to mind if you don't actually do anything all day), I thought I'd test the theory, seemingly proved by Patroclus that clicking on 'next blog" is little more taxing or global than a short trot 'round to the newsagent for some oversize rizla papers and a copy of Esquire:

"I was astonished, and probably a bit more excited than is healthy, to find that I made it back fairly easily from two random blogs to Billy's; one in 15 hops, and one in 8."

So, with only a barrel of brown ale and a box of tissues, I set off with my trusty Passeportoute to see if I could get back to Oye Billy's place in 80 jumps or less. Here is what I found on the way:


Baby life, dog days

(....."30 year old wife and mother, ex-workaholic/city chick retired into a world of babies, dogs and mayhem." There's hope for me yet then......)

Doomed Troll

(....."For one so small,you seem so strong My arms will hold you keep you safe and warm This bond between us can’t be broken I will be here don’t you cry----Phil Collins".....ah hem....)


Blog dos Podres

(....foreign....)


Destiny: Die for you

(.....Written in txt, mnly.....)

Hermana Kucera

(....Argentinian. Speaks better English than anyone on Love Island, that's for sure...)


The 'Nam Navy US Veteran Viet Blog

(...a barrel of laughs...)

My Life - Ups, Downs and Curveballs....

(......"I just blog because it makes me feel better and I don't expect anyone to read it. I just want to be happy. 'nuff said..." Nuff said indeed - good on ya, Castaway....)

Lenox

(...not much there, is there?)

Stirring E. Witch's Cauldron

(...written in text lingo...sorry txt lngo...)

Leaving Salonica

(...foreign)

His, Mine and Ours

(....pregnancy minutiae...)

Couldn't make out what this one was called but she's rather fit

(...make that very fit.....)

Can't make it out, it's in Arabic

Kamasutra

(...foreign....)

Eguino

(....foreign)

Podria Pasarte a Ti

(...foreign - this is getting a bit boring now...)

Silent Tears


(...teen angst....)

Berneice World

(....schoool kid - are they allowed to blog??)

Vanessza Z-Blog

(...brand new...)

A Last Attempt at Love <3

(.....No, go on! Give it a 4th try!!......)


DJ Andrez Webplace

(....self explanatory?.....)

Medicine

(...weh hey! First spam site. Couldn't you read that auto generated text for hours??.....)

Jwrssp

(...all written in boxes...quite interesting, actually....)

Miami Dreams

(...first post - "Love problems". Pur-lease...)

Erti Sebuah Kehidupan

(...foreign again...)

Ting Ting Bilong Mi

(...Japanese "hospotal"[sic]/drinking too much woes. Best yet....)

Home Inn

(.....German....)

Custom Perfume

(......."Everyone deserves a perfumed version of their life's story. That's what I do."....)

Skutukata


(...foreign....)


Kinafarar


(.....foreign)


A House Filled With Romance

(.....Oriental slush...)


Sunflower March

(...."n Thursday, a group report which Ms. Leyda gave us is due, so our group met on Monday during lunch time and discussed how to finish the report"....Is anyone else getting bored of this now? I certainly am...)


The Provincial Emails

(...rather earnest....)


The Way of Maple

(.....Teenage Manga Turtles...)


The Great Game

(...Canadian. Earnest.....)


Coffee Maverick

(....."After what seemed like half a year, I finally fell back into my dark state of depression.".......Moving swiftly on....)


Me Against the World

(...Irish. Horsey.....)


The Adventures of Gigi

(.....not as interesting as it sounds, lads....)


Clare & Keith

(....quide liderally "Celebrating the Marriage of.... Clare Elizabeth... ".....)


Outside the Lines

(...."Martha [Stewart] makes everything - except perhaps prison (and her own hair) -look stylish" At last - a proper blog!....)


Not Dead Yet!

(....."The diary of an oldie who refuses to go quietly" Today's entry just says "Pissed!" - fantastic!!)


W£BLOG DX@MTO

(....Foreign. Teen.....)


Blog Job

(....."e con l'ombretto la bandiera...ovviamente avevo anche la canotta bianca con la scritta "Italia"...la foto fa cagare...."....)


Wulfy's Den

(...."I'm on the downward spiral. Everything I do seems to be crap. I can do nothing correctly." 'Fraid it doesn't get much better once you hit 40, Wulfy...)


Pagina de Walter Eudes

(.....Great title alert - get scribbling all you aspiring novelists out there.....)


Expatriot Act

(.....Today's post is called "Dead Girl on Campus"....Librarians, eh?)


mEmoRies

(.....One post. Get in on the ground floor, why don't ya?...)


Promocionales

(.....erm....)


My Life's sense

(....."I'm 24. I'm not married. I'm looking for a girlfriend."...There you go, Spin....)


Another one in Arabic


Receitas de Culinaria

(...lovely recipes. If you happen to speak foreign...)


Must be Chinese

(....don't mention Tianenmen Square....)


Alvin in Europe

(....."my goodness..do i really look so young?...bumped into my neighbour..and the first guess she made..is 20!...-faints-...win liao.."
....Lucky old Alv....)


Michele Vecchiato's Blog

(....Smug. Italian.....)


Bez Filtru

(.....Former Warsaw Pact?....)


Boston Maggie

(...American. Historical....)


IQ & PC

(....Subtitle: "some very incorrect thoughts!" At last, someone not afraid to call a spade a nigger minstrel....)


Il Blog di Rubentes Oculi

(.....more Italian smugness...)


The Broken Smile

(...."God will not shut the door
without opening another." Right-ho.....)


Adventures of a Good Girl

(.....Just my luck. Where's Adventures of a Bad Girl when you need her???....)


Rayners Dream

(....."I think I really made a mistake,gone too far this time.My actions had hurt someone,deeply this time.If only I had listened to Matt's advice this would not have happened.I really regret and learnt my lesson,but however I think it is too late........I think that person hates me now........" Well, the 'Buie can get you like that sometimes, Ray. Will they be able to remove the Barbie Doll?....)

Still no site of familiar land after 80 blogs.....

Billy! Where are you??? I'm lost!! HHHHHH-EEEEEEE-LLLLLLLL-PPPPPPPP!!!!!!





© 2006 Swipe Enterprises

No comments:

Post a Comment