Subscribe to my feed...

Tuesday 23 August 2005

Washington post amusing word competition blah blah

Morning Swipesters!

And what a morning it is! Wowerooni. I haven't felt this good since late September 1963 - Oh What a night!! I feel like a new butterfly wing, drying in the sun, like a new born lamb gambolling over the lush green valleys. My heart is as light as a feather on springs - I feel like if I were to leap up in the air, I'd never come down again. Boy, that was some party. And Thad, if you're reading this - I meant what I said last night...it's real!!

OK! News has reached Swipe Towers that in the midst of my little breakdown back there, The Post was running a little humorous word competition (see link above) Well, dang it to darnation if I didn't miss the deadline. But I figure that nothing is beyond me and my growing little band of Swipesters so I figured - why not just dang well make up our own? Whaddaya say? So, to start the ball rolling, here are a few examples. Please, please, please send in any others you can think of and we'll make that Washington Post look like the Grimsby & Cleethorpes Gazette late edition real estate supplement wrapped around a large rock salmon and chips with extra vinegar or my name's not Roberta Cecilia Swipe!

So, the idea is to take a word and then add or subtract one letter and provide a definintion of the new word. Here's an example:

Intaxication: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.

But we can do much better than that! OK, so here goes:

Tintinadulation: excessive fondness for beige faced, button-nosed, Herge-created Belgian comic hero.

Primiscuity: wanton and indiscriminate displays of affected, precise, formal propriety.

Caninization: elevating dogs to the status of martyred beatification.

blaséhemer: person who is indifferent to the point of causing religious offence.

ponce-nez: even more effeminate and dandified form of eyewear than a pince-nez.

Clangestine: trying to be secretive but spoiling the effect by knocking over an assortment of pots, pans or other noisy kitchen implements.

Botux: very smart, all over skin treatment akin to a plastic surgery equivalent of that Jerry Lewis sketch where he transforms his sneakers, t-shirt and jeans outfit into an evening suit.

Crapuscule/crapuscular: a voiding of the bowels, normally engaged in during the twilight hours of the day.

Blancminge: now surely you don't need it spelt out??

Bolocks: exactly the same meaning, only a lot easier to type with only one 'L'.


OK Swipesters, I know you can do it and I'm counting on you. Let's hope those crazy mixed up word-game entries come flying in!


Love on y'all,


Bob


p.s. Thad - maybe you could try being a little gentler next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment